There are many factors that need to be taken care of in order to make a website successful. Be it the content that is to be displayed, the responsiveness of the website, optimization, marketing, SEO etc. However, one aspect that is neglected and is considered vital for making your website available for a wider range of audience is the language of your content. This is due to the fact that people situated in different geographical regions speak various kinds of languages. So, if the content of your website is confined to only one specific language you might be missing the opportunity to showcase your website to people situated all over the globe.
Table Of Contents
Best WordPress Translation Plugin
So, are you one of those who is looking to maximize the reach of your website by converting it into a multilingual website? If yes, then this post will be very beneficial for you. WordPress has a long list of translation plugins that will convert your content into a wide range of popular languages that are spoken by million of people all over the World.
Let’s have a look at the top 5 WordPress Translation Plugins that will enable you to effectively build a multilingual Website.
Google Language Translator
The Google Language Translator is a WordPress plugin that has been built in accordance with Google Translate. The plugin has been designed for offering multilingual content in one of the easiest manner possible. The plugin is ease to use as you can active the plugin once it has been successfully downloaded. All your content that you want to convert will be readily available for you.
- It has a support of more than 80 languages.
- The plugin is powered by Google Translate.
- The setup process of the plugin is very simple and fast.
- The visitors can manually switch between a selected set of language or choose from the wide range of Google Translate options.
- The users also get the liberty to turn off the Google branding if they feel the need to do so.
Lingotek Translation plugin is a cloud-based translation network that will provide you with the option to source translations by making use of the machine-powered or the crowd-powered solutions. You also get to hire professional translators from over 5000 certified translators.
- There are integrated percentage bars that will show the status of your ongoing work. This will enable you to check the current status of your pages and documents that are in progress.
- You can choose any of the translation methods and stack the final product for publishing it. After registering an account with Lingotek, you will receive the access to all these options.
- The plugin also enables you to handle all the translations by yourself or even bring a translator that is not associated with Lingotek. There is a professional text editor that has been built keeping the translators in mind.
All the translations are managed by Microsoft Translator API and are free up to 100,000 characters.
All the various languages that use WordPress Multisite functionality, MultilingualPress plugin will connect pages of these different languages with the help of a customizable language selector widget. The plugin’s Language Manager provides support for over 170 languages.
- The plugin will prevent any kind of data loss. As a result of which any of the connect posts will not vanish if a version gets deleted. Nothing will happen to the translated pages. However, if you want to manage all the translations as a single item, you can do it by disabling the feature.
- All the versions of the same post can be managed from the same post with the help of the editor. Due to this, the translation process will speed up.
- MultilingualPress will enable you to enhance the SEO process as you will be able to translate categories and tags on the top of posts.
- The plugin will also add links automatically to the other languages between each post.
Polylang is an all-in-one solution for all those who are looking to set up and manage a multilingual WordPress website. You can even use other translation services by linking them with the help of an addon. You can perform the work manually or use a wide range of other translation services.
- You will receive a support for 41 different languages along with its admin interface.
- The plugin will provide translation features for custom posts, regular posts, widgets, taxonomies and a wide variety of other things.
- You can use unique subdomains for each language that you have enabled.
- With the help of a widget, you can easily switch between different languages.
- You can set the detection of the language of the post with the help of a code or manually. However, the plugin can also detect it automatically.
WPML is the most popular plugin among all the multilingual WordPress plugins. This plugin will enable you to create multilingual websites. All your pages, posts, custom post types and menus can be translated into any language of your choice. You can even connect with professional translation services or even hire a person to translate the content.
- The plugin is compatible with most of the themes and has a support for over 40 languages.
- WPML comes with a 30 days money-back guarantee and has support for numerous websites.
- The WPML install can be connected with various professional translation services that will assist you in outsourcing your work and you can also check the progress of your website by enabling the levels of notifications.
- It has a responsive development team that will offer you dedicated support in 9 different languages.
Above-mentioned is a collection of the top 5 WordPress translation plugins that will enable you to build a multilingual website. These plugins will make the tedious looking job of translating your website a much easier one.
Do let me know your views about the post in the comments section below.
This post is submitted by Kerin Miller. She is a well-known writer and an experienced WordPress developer working for Stellen Infotech. She is expert in custom WordPress development and WordPress plugin development. She loves to share her intangible knowledge on the web related to WordPres development tips and tricks.